General Data Protection Regulation will become enforceable from the 25th May 2018. This new regulation will make it much harder for your charity to reach new audiences and increase your donors. GDPR legislation will mean that you have to change the way you fundraise and market to new potential donors. It is essential that you start reviewing your current procedures now to ensure you are ready before Ramadan.
What is GDPR?
- GDPR legislation applies to all businesses and charities who store or use personal data of customers and donors to communicate with them in any way.
- To be compliant you must ensure clear and explicit opt-in permissions from everyone that you communicate with as an organisation.
- This impacts all your marketing and fundraising activities. In particular, you will not be able to use any kind of personal data to reach out to new customers.
- It will become harder to buy data or use any personal data to track customers or even visitors to your website.
- Failure to comply will result in severe fines and cause a potentially devastating impact on your organisation.
Still unsure about the implications of GDPR for your organisation? Get in touch for the free, comprehensive checklist for Muslim charities we have developed to help organisations ensure that they develop a compliant framework for GDPR.
ITS NOW OR NEVER!
For a very limited period, we can offer a unique opportunity to reach new customers and secure their consent NOW.
Reach 600,000 current email addresses on our database and secure their opt-in.
- Option 1
Send a tailored email to 150,000 customers every month for 4 months. Cost: £3,000pm
- Option 2
For a one-off fee, we can upload these email addresses to your Facebook or AdWords account, enabling you to maximise your reach on these channels. Cost £9,700 one-off
To find out more about these option, or for more details on GDPR and how it affects you, please call or email now.