Hendrix Media Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, number 08317831. Within the context of this policy ‘we’ refers to Hendrix Media Ltd as the data controllers under the data protection rules.
We provide Digital Fundraising Services to UK registered charities, including but not limited to email marketing, website development, design and content and digital advertising.
Hendrix Media is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information we collect
• In general you can visit this site without telling us information about yourself.
• When you register online, contact us, or interact with us in any other way, we may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
• In certain instances, we collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This is because when you, for example, request to receive services from us, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your personal information to respond to you and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for this purpose.
• In most instances, however, we will rely on obtaining your consent to our use of your personal information. This is the case, for example, where we seek to obtain your consent to receive email marketing.
• In all cases, we balance our legitimate interests against your rights as an individual and make sure we only use personal information in a way or for a purpose that you would reasonably expect in accordance with this Policy and that does not intrude on your privacy or previously expressed marketing preferences.
• Email/SMS marketing: If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By opting in, you grant us the right to contact you for marketing purposes.
• Post/Telephone marketing: If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
How is information is used?
• We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
• We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services.
• We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies or to ask you for feedback.
• We may use your information to send you relevant communications about our work or projects/ campaigns by our partner organisations. Content will be related to the context of your consent. You can update your communications preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Opt-out’ in the subject line.
• We use your personal information to look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or similar issues.
• Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes
(a) Marketing statistical analysis
(b) Customer admin and support
(c) Technical admin
Keeping your information up to date
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. You can update your details at any time. If you would like to change your preferences or update the details we hold about you, please email@example.com or write to Data Protection Officer, Hendrix Media Ltd, Caswell House, Caswell Science & Technology Park, Towcester, NN12 8EQ.
Who is information shared with?
We will never sell or swap your personal information records with any third parties.
We may from time to time supply you with information from partner organisations in accordance with your consent, but we will not share your personal information with them. If you have opted in, you can expect to receive related content from:
• Banking & Financial Institutions
There may be instances where we are under a legal duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect us, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation. We require third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
Third party websites
This website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by Hendrix Media Ltd. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We use information derived from cookies in order to:
• compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services.
• facilitate users’ ability to navigate through the website.
• ascertain whether the website is operating effectively.
• personalise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you.
Third party cookies: We also use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisement about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Managing cookies: In your web browser you can control which types of cookies you allow. You can turn cookies on or off using your browser’s settings. You can also delete cookies and clear your browser’s cache (history).
If you’re under 16 years of age
If you’re aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on the website.
Your right to Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
Please address subject access requests to the Data Protection Officer, Hendrix Media Ltd, Caswell House, Caswell Science & Technology Park, Towcester, NN12 8EQ. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records.
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the web form on which we collect your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on suppression lists to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you if you opt-out.
You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Opt-out’ in the subject line to let us know your updated communication preferences.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated April 2018.